Wednesday 5 November 2008

Rounding Up - (AKA a snapshot of my mind)

It is Bonfire night.... it is cold.... I am expceted to go "ooooo" and "Ahhhhhh" without letting the shivering make my voice all wobbly!
Hubby sulked all the way to school this morning because he caught Matty eating his Cocoa Pops. Matty even let him drink the chocolately milk out of the bowl!
I went on a course today but will be unable to use the new information until January. Will I remember it then?
I am missing my old job ... LOTS . Working as a Supply/temp teacher is not fun anymore. Just how do you personify a black bin bag and make it interesting for 11 year old children?
I only got lost three times getting to the supply school yesterday :)
I only told Hubby I got lost once going to the supply school yesterday :) :)
Having a car after 15 years is brill. Filling the car with FOUR teenagers can get smelly.
Having both children in the car can be fun. Having Steffi sit behind Matty can get violent.
And noisy.
Note to self-> investigate car seats for Teenagers!
What are you supposed to arrange for a nearly 16 year old's 16th birthday when she will not tell you what she wants to do? She does not want to go out for a meal. She does not want a party, she does not want to have friends over. She will not tell you what she wants for a presant.... she will not comit to anything. So I have got her a lovely presant - a silver bangle. and have this sneaky suspicion that in later years she will feel we have let her down!!
Have written half of my xmas cards
Have wrapped all the presants that I have in stock in the house
Have written a list of things to get and make for Xmas presants, cakes, etc
Have wondered if I have a problem as I have colour coded my Xmas to do list!
Have lost my diary.
Back to Bonfire night..... only three of us going to my Lovely IN-Laws and the nearly 16 year old has other plans with her friends.
It is cold
Matty is excited and driving me potty with his silly antics!
Just discovered how to sell books on Amazon.
Thought for the day, can you enter in to the spirit of Bonfire night by watching through firmly CLOSED double glazed doors and windows?


P.S. Note to self, find the dam recorder and take it away from Matty, may be I could mail it to someone!

3 comments:

PBS said...

It IS nice to have a car, isn't it? Even a car full of smelly, violent or noisy children! We went without one for ten years and you better believe I haven't taken wheels for granted since then!

Le laquet said...

No! Don't you dare. And you know what I'm talking about!!

Lisa said...

I doubt that she will think you've let her down in later years...I doubt that alot, so please don't sweat over it. I think they generally feel more blessed the older they get when it finally occurs to them what we do for them and what they are given. Besides, she can hardly blame you if her 16th is a disappointment, she's not giving you any help at all! lol

I think the silver bangle is a beautiful idea...and if you haven't done it already, perhaps you could get the inside engraved with her name and the date of her 16th birthday. Regardless, she'll treasure it. OR if she won't be cooperative AT all...you can engrave it with my name and send it to me! lol