Saturday 29 November 2008

Domesticated ...Me?

Not that I don't know what has to be done, it is just every time I start to do something or even complete it, someone comes around and mucks it all up. Very demoralising I must say. Hence training to be a teacher, where BTW I have a reputation for cleaning cupboards out and throwing junk away!

So imagine Hubby's surprise when today started off with me prepping the beef and Guinness stew whilst still wearing my PJ's at 9:00am. Oh and the fact he caught me emptying the last two tins of Guinness in to the pot HAHAHAHA.

This afternoon I prepped a cabbage (savoy if you will) and THEN ...... I know this will knock your socks off, I made cherry crumble using ground almonds in the crumble mix as well!!!

I played around with a recipe!!!

I hope it tastes OK.

Ohhhhhh I have actually gone through all my shoes (to make room for new ones obviously, shhhhhhhh you did not hear that thought). I was actually smiling as I looked at each pair. What is it with shoes?

I have done all my washing but can not hang it up to dry, as I dry it all indoors and Matty has a friend around who is Muslim and I do not think it is a good idea to hang racks of underwear around the place! A lovely lad, so courteous too, he actually offers to help me unload the car without me having to threaten my kids with a bedroom invasion, black bin style if they do not help!

I am supposed to be sewing Xmas cards. HAHA whose idea was that?
Only 13 left to go..... THIRTEEN , yeah righ like that is going to happen.
Righty off to stir a stew.

3 comments:

Shannah said...

Hiya again!!

I have been periodically blogging... I will try and keep up with it,.. just sometimes seems there's not much to jabber about, but I do enjoy being able to catch up on everyone else. I don't know why I didn't think to go back through my comments before this LOL Now I have all the old friends back on my blog!!!

PBS said...

I think you are really domestic! Always cooking and baking delicious things, cleaning, ironing and all the rest, too.

Le laquet said...

I love beef and guinness ~ but need to do it half and half with stock or else it's too iron-y for me. Was it delish?