Sunday 16 November 2008

Round Up

  • Worked 4.5 days this week Yeah
  • Got a contract in another school for two weeks
  • Supposed to be planning right now!
  • Hubby got his Xmas present early - a second hand fish tank... is now acting like a two year old... it is set up in the lounge, it is arranged nicely and he is treating the water ready for getting the fish during the week.
  • We told Steffi there were fish in the tank but they were shy... although logically she knew we were fibbing she kept checking a lot of times.
  • Matty did not get his legs waxed - all in a good cause. The stupid boy called the bluff of a some giggly girls who thought it would be funny to ask him. After he agreed to do it for the charity he began to realise that this could actually hurt!
  • Got the car washed. First time we got it washed since we bought it ..... in July!!!! Amazingly I can see more than just blurred shapes in my mirrors! I thought I needed an eye test. I can actually see the whites of the eyes of the drivers behind me!
  • On Friday night in Rush hour traffic I was behind a lorry with a sign that says " if you can not see my wing mirrors you are too close" so I dropped back until I could see his mirrors leaving a gap big enough for TWO cars to then over take me and get in between me and the lorry!
  • I have been treated to breakfast in bed two days in a row!!
  • The bad side of not having any money is that when you do, you end up spending nearly £200 in ASDA filling the cupboards again
  • Diet gone out of the window.
  • Mum in hospital again, she is away with the fairies, last night told me that she had stood on and crushed 7 rats, that there were fleas on her face, that her picture was on the front page of the evening post, because she got stuck in a lift. However, she did not recognise herself in the picture! Apparently this morning, when my sister rang to see how she was, the nurses informed her that Mum had just landed at Manchester Airport!
  • Hubby is mortified that he was asked to leave a pub last night. Apparently one of his friends put their head on the table cos he was tired and the bar staff felt he was now fit to be served so ALL THREE of them were asked to leave!
  • Having my hair cut and coloured at 8am next Saturday morning... I CAN NOT WAIT!
  • Matty is having his mop cut on Wednesday evening ....I CAN NOT WAIT!

3 comments:

Shammickite said...

I love this post.... it's about ordinary everyday things that happen in a "normal" family!! I'm still laughing at the thought of your son having his legs shaved.

PBS said...

Good thing Matty did NOT have his legs waxed! Even though it was nice to think of charity...My Jeep really needs washing, esp since it's been snowing and they're salting the roads. Glad to hear that you can see now. I really enjoy reading your posts!

Le laquet said...

He got chucked out of a pub - for the first time?