Friday 7 November 2008

Christmas Cards

I decided that to cut down on the xmas expensive (the credit crunch/no job/ blah blah) I would have to cut down on some of the pressies I give out. That, of course, does not mean I do not think any less of those people I just can not run to all those pressies. So I decided I would cross stitch some cards and send those instead.
I have quite enjoyed doing them, but found that the thought of sending them quite hard!
*Stupid I know*

So when my Hubby bought me a camera for my birthday I have been taking pictures of them.

This is a celtic design, and really not a Christmas card, but I think the colours make it very Christmassy. I am giving it to my lovely in-laws.....shhhhhhh do not tell them.
This mousey design was a freebie kit from a magazine.

A Jolly Snowman, really simple, I am supposed to embroider snowflakes around him in silver thread but as I have done it on sparkly fabric I do not need to.
OOOOO I love this little Robin.
I like this design, but not sure it is are clear as some of the others.
This is a Art Nouveau design and I really like it, but not too sure what I want to do with it. it is too small for a picture and yet too large for a card or coaster.

This is a celtic design of a Salmon, it going to be a birthday card for my lovely Father in Law. I think it is quite a jolly fish! Usually fish mouths go down :(

This was another free kit from a magazine and I really like it. I may do it again and agin with different colours.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for showing us your lovely christmas cards, that completely explains to me about the 'sewing' thing now. Ta!

I think it's a lovely idea what you're doing. There is so much more thought that goes into making your cards and gifts...I know I always appreciate those presents more, knowing that someone has gone to so much effort.

Le laquet said...

They're pretty - you was busy!

LK said...

Fizzy, you have an amazing talent there. I am super impressed.

All of our christmas cards this year will be prints of a painting of a dragon done by my 10 year old. Not strictly christmassy but very cool and it's the personalised touch that is the real gift I think.

Shammickite said...

I think your Christmas cross stich cards are really lovely. I love receiving hand made cards and in previous years I have done a linocut picture for my cards, will get onto doing this when I get home (in Florida on vacation at the moment).
I think anything that is hand made is truly someting to treasure and I wish more peoplke would make the effort!
You are very talented.