Sunday 21 December 2008

Well school has broken up
The insurance company have offered me a final figure that is £60 more than what I paid for the car. Then minus the excess of £250.00. But am happy with that.
I wish that everything would hurray up, but with Christmas I realistically think I will get a car in the new year.
Car prices have dropped, and the garage I bought Bella from are desperate for my custom.
Fish eat fish babies
I have spent £200.00 in Asda this afternoon..... granted it included a lot of gifts
Best friend coming around tomorrow evening to have our regular special party :)
I have a quandary, I have bought an 18 piece drinking glass set for my parents for Christmas as they like a tipple , but are terrible for breaking their glasses. So I know they want this gift. However, it is made by ASDA's cheap budget range and cost me £2.40 .... YES £2.40 for all 18 glasses. SO do I wrap it like it is , OR do I unpack it and wrap it in something else so that it looks like I have spent a bit more on them?
I am making mince pies with orange pastry this afternoon. Hairy Biker Recipe.
I also have all the Xmas cakes to decorate.
I also want to make these..... I saw them being made on TV yesterday..... mmmmmmmm
Now do I make truffles or not?
My daughter works on a Saturday for a florist in a Green grocer's shop, she gave me the most beautiful bouquet yesterday, all different kinds of flowers, some are the ornamental cabbages that have been sprayed gold on the edges of their petals..It looks wonderful..... it smells of boiled cabbage!
Had to get a taxi home today from asda, the driver reckoned that I should leave the beer in the car as payment! I reckoned I should leave Matty in the car to save my sanity!! he did not agree. I rang my Hubby and asked him to be ready to help empty the car when we got home as the driver was after his beer! All very funny -except he would not let me leave "that kid" in the car, not even for an hour or so!!!
I did try.
Well have waffled enough.
Will try and take photos of the food if I can.

1 comment:

PBS said...

Well, at least you are getting something back for the car. All the food looks really good. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!