Monday 29 December 2008

Festive Round Up




Did you have a good Christmas?
Did you?
I am having a very different Christmas. Not bad, just different.
First of all, even though I love having my Hubby home for the two weeks, he has taken over the house and is like a man possessed. He always cooks etc, but he is doing all this huffing and puffing whilst washing, etc. BUT all he does it put it in piles and shove it upstairs.
I have given up and am concentrating on tidying upstairs and then keeping out of his way.
I invited his parents around tomorrow for a Lasagne and salad... suddenly he is baking and cooking all these little canapes. He is a great cook though and if I am honest he relaxes whilst cooking. ME? I hate it.
The insurance cheque has finally come through and It will go in the bank tomorrow. The garage that I bought my old car from have lined up another one for me. Slightly smaller engine, but that is not a problem to me.
The Mum and Dad issue is brewing again. I will not go into it but to say that cos I was ill and bruised, I forgot all about writing their Christmas cards for them. Did they remind me? NO, Did they write them themselves? NO, I am being blamed for them not sending any Christmas cards... and for not decorating the house for them.
PFFFFFFT!!!
I start back in my old job next week I can not wait. I love it and am looking forward to it - although I have a lot of preparation to do between now and then.
Steph worked from the Saturday after the schools broke up right up to close of business on Christmas eve, even the Sunday, - the florist was very busy. She then got loads of Christmas money and is rolling in funds now!
Matty, got an ear infection two nights before Christmas and he and I spent an eventful night in the lounge trying to settle him down - being in so much pain he was screaming. In the morning, hubby took him to the docs who said he had the most horrendous infection. So he has spent the holiday dosed up on Antibiotics, paracetamol and ibuprofen. A week on he is still getting twinges of pain. BUT is better
I am looking forward to my In-Laws coming round tomorrow. On New Years Eve, we have a friend around too. Steph is going to a party and I am missing her at times like these.
But she is growing up.

Have a wonderful New Year Everyone.....
Best Wishes for 2009

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe how much Matty has grown! Wow. And Steffi, my goodness, what a doll.

While I know it can be hard to do at this time of year, try to relax, just breathe in and out and take each step...one at a time. It's the only way I find I can survive everything.

Best of luck at sorting out the Mum and Dad issue...I do hope they realise how much you do for them...it can be hard for others to see when they're so in the thick of it.

How exciting to be buying a new car though (yeah, I know, crappy to have to do that, but let's look at the positive side...that's big ticket shopping again, woo hoo!)

Much love and merriment to you and your family this New Year my dear. Hang in there! xx

Shammickite said...

Just dropped in to tell you to relax, enjoy, lay back, let others do the work for a few days.
New car? that's exciting, hope it's a good one.
I wish you and your family good health and tons of happiness and love throughout 2009. It's going to be a good year, I can tell....

Anonymous said...

may everything you wish for and everything you dream become reality in 2009, love poet.

PBS said...

Oh so fun to see your kids, and very good-looking they both are, too! How horrible to get blamed for things when you have your own things to get done, very unfair but typical of many families...
Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

Le laquet said...

*poke* *poke* *poke harder*

What do you mean that doesn't work here??