Wednesday 30 July 2008

OK OK >>>>>

I am getting grief... OH I have so missed getting grief from the other side of the world!
The reason that I have not updated you is that I have been out on picnics.
On the First night we went to a park that we both like but find really hard to get to on public transport.... noted and famous for its ducks hehehehe
It was only the three of us as my daughter was going to a party. Anyway we walked and talked and then went to look for a picnic place we decided to drive a bit further before we ate, only we got a bit lost and ended up on the road going to home and so went home, where my daughter was because the party had been cancelled, so we all ate the picnic in our front room!

Yesterday I did shopping without a taxi, and visited my parents -without a taxi. My Dad walked around the car, sat in the front seat, and I took him "for a spin". He directed and I drove, surprisingly we arrived at my Uncle's house (my dad's best friend). Dad wanted to brag about MY car to HIS friend!!!

THEN last night we went ...to a reservoir up in the Yorkshire Dales, the city had been really muggy all day and so being up high was lovely

This time we ate our picnic outside and it was lovely and cool and FANTASTIC

Now the down side is that not driving that often has lead me to discover muscles in my thighs ans shins that I have not used for a while so by the time we got there I had jelly legs!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How funny that you ended up having that first picnic in your front room...best laid plans an' all that eh? lol

That first pic (the reservoir?) looks intriguing. I tried to click and have a closer look, but alas, it would not let me, pah.

I feel very happy for you all to have a car of your own now. HOW EXCITING!