Thursday 31 July 2008

2/3 complete

Well I still love my car but am finding city driving really hard. I am not sure you know but last year we went on holiday to Scotland and a friend lent us a car and I drove it there, the first time I had driven in 15 years. Then we drove around the lake district two weeks later.
This year I hired a car and drove back to Scotland. That was the first time I had driven since last year. I have come to the conclussion that holiday driving on motorways and around pretty lochs and scenery is VERY different to Leeds on a wet humid day at rush hour.

We have been driving around showrooms looking for ideas for a new bathroom. We have a very small bathroom that is a perculiar shape. SO Iwant white . White suite, white tiles silver fittings and a dark grey to light black floor tiles and work surface. We drove miles to a warehouse that was crap and found all that we needed at the DIY store at the end of the road!!! Typical.

I bought a yellow duck watering can!

Yesterday we had all the guttering renewed on the house. We also had a new flat roof put on the small baywindow in the lounge. We also got all the guttering linked to the correct downfall pipes (including paying for our neighbour's fall pipe to be renewed!!!!). Today we have had LOADS and LOADS of rain, thunder, heavey downpours. horrendous. And do you know what? I did not need to put the bucket under the baywindow at all! NO LEAKS!!!!!
I am so happy.

A couple of weeks ago we took a loan out to pay for three things - a car , the guttering and roof repairs and a bathroom 2/3 completed and the bathroom project is now in the planning stage.

WE have NEVER been so organized.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Guttering is the baine of my life at the moment. We are having major storms and torrential rain, and I need to replace the guttering upstairs, to stop the tenants downstairs being leaked on. The problem I'm having is the height at which the guttering needs to be fixed...it's 3 stories up and too many for anyone to be having a go in the nasty weather. Just have to wait for a clear day...whenever that's gonna happen!

Shammickite said...

Good for you Fizz, you're getting everything in order.... getting your ducks in a row, as the saying goes.

Le laquet said...

BOO!

LZ Blogger said...

You have to love it when a plan comes together? ~ jb///